Bananas are really a miracle food for vegans. They substitute eggs, sugar, you can even turn them into ice cream. I was so shocked the first time I saw frozen bananas transform into a rich cream in front of my eyes. It’s even sightly elastic like ice-cream! Why did I not know of this wonder of nature? It even has a great name…nice-cream!
Sometimes I crave it even during Autumn and Winter. I thought what better way to bridge nice-cream into cold weather than combining it with more wintery flavours? This is how this brandy, sultana nice-cream was created.
A long time ago, I remember I used to go to Häagen-Dazs just to get their dark chocolate sauce on my ice-cream. Who knew you can make it yourself in less than two minutes? It really tastes identical and I have a feeling it’s much healthier (and vegan!). I hope you enjoy this one!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||15 minutes|
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and let them thaw for 15 minutes. This will make blending much easier.
- In the meantime soak the sultanas in the brandy.
- Place the bananas in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until they turn into a creamy and smooth consistency. You may have to open and scrape the container with a spatula a few times until everything blends.
- Fold the sultanas, brandy and vanilla extract by hand in the nice-cream.
- To make the chocolate sauce, warm up the coconut oil in the microwave for a few seconds. Add the cocoa powder and agave nectar and stir.
- Pour your chocolate sauce over the nice-cream. In a few seconds the sauce will solidify to form a layer of chocolate. Enjoy!
- The riper your bananas, the sweeter your nice-cream will be.
- Slice the bananas thinly before freezing so they'll thaw faster.
- You can make it alcohol free by using fruit juice instead of the brandy.
- Use www.barnivore.com to check if your alcohol is vegan.